- 200 gram Wild rice -Canadian Lake
- 4 dark chocolate bars
- frying oil or another oil which can be hot
- Fine sieve/basket
- Kitchen paper
- Put kitchen paper ready next to the stove for the puffed wild rice.
- Place in a baking dish a layer of parchment paper.
- Heat a pan with oil to 210 degrees Celsius. (Use a temperature gauge).
- Use a fine strainer if basket. Sprinkle a handful of raw wild rice in the basket and immerse it in the oil. Almost immediately, the move roast wild rice * and after a few seconds you get the basket out.
- Place the puffed wild rice on paper towels and let drain. Repeat until all the wild rice has popped.
- Melt the chocolate (note! The chocolate should not be hotter than 60 C.)
- Add the melted chocolate and the puffed wild rice together in a mixing bowl. Mix together well.
- Pour into a baking tray covered with baking dish.
- Place a foil on the oven dish and put away in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Also try other ingredients to add to the melted chocolate:
- Orange & Rosemary
- Caramel & Sea Salt